Make this Thai meatball appetizer for your next gathering or just because you like Thai. The theme for this months dinner club was Thai food and I chose appetizers. They are super delicious and easy to make. This recipe made almost 2 dozen meatballs. I used a scoop to keep them the same size and it helps with consistent baking. You can make them look extra fancy by putting them in the title individual serving dishes. Oriental trading has all kids of fun little dishes and I was looking for an excuse to using them and this was the perfect opportunity.
Thai meatball appetizer ingredients:
- 1.5 pounds lean ground pork
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon sriracha or more for heat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (for coating the meatballs once they are cooked)
Thai meatball appetizer kitchen tools used:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees if you don’t want to bake them you can pan fry them.
- For the meatballs, mix the wet and dry ingredients except the sweet chili sauce and sesame dressing in a medium bowl.
- Coat the baking sheet with a cooking oil to prevent sticking. If you are pan frying add a tiny bit to the skillet.
- Using the scoop, and forming a little ball (about 1 heaping tablespoon of meat mixture each) and place them on the baking sheet
- Bake the meatballs for 15 minutes or until they are fully cooked through in the middle, flipping once half way through with a spatula or tongs.
- Pour a little of the chili sauce in the bottom of half of the dishes and pour the sesame dressing in the other half.
Our dinner club changes themes each month and we each select a course. For this event we had someone drop out at the last-minute so I also made ginger lime edamame. Since I am a total cornball and in love with the tiny dishes I had to use them for this dish too and check out this Thai recipe too.