Sun dried tomato garlic butter is a savory sauce that makes salmon simply sizzle on your taste buds. Kick the butter up a notch with the addition of white wine. This sauce is great over chicken and almost any type of pasta too. You can also add a little lemon juice to give it zip and zing.
Ingredients for sun dried tomato garlic butter:
- olive oil for salmon
- 6 large garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons white wine
How to prepare sun dried tomato garlic butter:
- Preheat grill.
- Combine garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, sun dried tomatoes, wine and butter in small pan. Let it cook on low until the fish is ready. You will need to stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle both sides of the salmon with the salt, pepper and dried oregano. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. My husband likes to Place the fish on grill and barbecue over a medium heat. Close the lid and grill for 15 minutes. Then he adds more oil and oregano. Closes the lid, turning the temperature to high and grill 10 minutes more, or until fish flakes when tested. Cook the salmon your favorite way.
- Remove the fish from the grill and plate. Spoon the sun dried tomato garlic butter generously over the top. Add the sides to the plate and enjoy.
We served the salmon with cheese ravioli and sautéed green beans. You can server with your favorite starch and veggies.