The buffalo chicken mac n cheese recipe is part of a blog hop featuring pasta as the main ingredient. If your family is anything like mine they love pasta in all its form. So be sure to check out all the recipes listed below. I chose to make buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese because I needed something for a gathering. You can also find recipes in the recipe gallery. Be sure to click on that tab too.
If you are craving creamy cheesy and spicy, you will love this indulgent Buffalo Chicken Mac n Cheese dish. The buffalo chicken mac n cheese is thick, rich and very hearty and you can make it as spicy as you like. You can make it as a party dish when you need a casserole or for a family dinner. You can adjust the heat by adjusting the amount of hot sauce used. This is the powdered ranch seasoning mix used. You can also purchase pre-made packages from the dressing and spice isle in your local grocery store.
Directions for Buffalo Chicken Mac n Cheese:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray or individual serving dishes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, approximately 7-8 minutes. Drain the pasta and do not rinse.
- Stir sour cream and cream cheese together in a bowl; add evaporated milk and stir until smooth. Stir in the Hot Sauce or Buffalo wing sauce and the ranch dressing into the sour cream mixture. Adjust the amount of the hot sauce to suit your taste.
- Mix in the shredded chicken, macaroni, and Cheddar cheese. Pour macaroni mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and golden, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Blue Cheese Chunks over the top and serve.
- You can use any hot sauce. Adjust the amount of heat in the dish by adjusting the amount of sauce you add.
- Canned chicken or rotisserie chicken work well too.
- If you want to be healthier you can use whole wheat pasta or a gluten free pasta.
- Crumbled up Ritz crackers make it fancier if you are taking to a party.
- Serve with a side of celery