Baby bella mushroom caps and blue Cheese taste great together and are kicked up a notch when combined with a creamy blue cheese stuffing topped with quail eggs. My husband loves stuffed mushrooms and I rarely make the same recipe twice and I am known for using what ever ingredients I have on hand to make a tasty treat. I do keep a lot of basics in the pantry and refrigerator. You will almost always find garlic, onions, cream cheese, sour cream and butter on hand. If you are using fresh ground pepper you don’t need to use as much because it is more flavorful than the pre-ground pepper.
Ingredients for stuffed baby bella mushroom caps:
- 1 oz. blue cheese
- 1 oz. cream cheese
- 1 oz. sour cream
- onion (1/4 cup diced)
- butter or ghee
- baby bella mushrooms
- olive oil
- parsley flakes (optional)
Tools for stuffed baby bella mushroom caps:
- 8×8 baking dish
- pairing knife
- cutting board
- serving dish
Instructions for stuffed baby bella mushroom caps:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash and clean the baby bella mushrooms and carefully dry the mushrooms. Remove the stems from the caps and set aside.
- Spray baking dish with olive oil and place the mushroom caps inside.
- Dice up the mushroom stems and onion and place in to a skillet with a dash of olive oil. Saute the mix until tender and let cool.
- Next, add the cream cheese, blue cheese and sour cream into the skillet and mix thoroughly. Spoon mixture into the mushroom caps leaving 1/4 of an inch from top empty.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Drain any liquid from each cap and pat dry and place cap back in baking dish and crack a quail egg into the cap. Repeat for each cap.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to each cap and place into oven. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley flakes if desired.